Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Just for the record..



It's been quite crazy lately, what with organising lunch or dinner for people coming over, cleaning the house, shopping, running errands, organising experiments at work.. so it's been ages since I've posted anything. The cooking has been going on at full speed mind you, with some yummy results. Sometimes I do take a few pictures with the intention that I'll write about it, if for nothing just to keep track of recipes that went down well. But the next day I realise we were in too much of a hurry to gobble everything up and the pictures turned out too dark or just not good enough. Then when I do get good photos, I just end up procrastrinating and the cycle starts all over again. Anyhow, I've decided just to post this cause it was just too good to forget...
This plum frangipane tart (recipe adapted from Jamie Oliver's website) was a result of having some plums sitting on the kitchen top for over a week which nobody wanted since they refused to ripen. I had tried Dorie Greenspan's Dumply Plum Cake the week before with yet another batch of unloved plums, but it was too buttery and rich for my liking. Jamie's tart was not too sweet, not too heavy but hit the spot perfectly - problem solved. I also made a miniature version of this to take to work and it disappeared even before I left the room at 8 in the morning - always a good sign.





No comments: