Wednesday, June 11, 2008

The Paint Job

So, we're half-way through another week and just when I was feeling like we're getting somewhere with the house cleaning/renovation business, I get interesting news from our bajjad this morning. After barely downing half of my mug of coffee Joe il-Bajjad told us that we might as well have the whole hall, living room and dining room painted, cause he's had to fill in too many holes and whatnot. After Joe's first day, the house now looks like a gang of kids' been let loose with white paint. So yes, there's no other way but to paint the whole thing from scratch. We chose the colours for the hall/dining/living rooms in two minutes.. then we thought we might as well remove the (horrible) wallpaper in the main bedroom, which was starting to peel off anyway, and have that room painted as well... should we go for yellow? "No not yellow" the husband disagreed. I put the colour chart against the bedroom wall "Ok let's go for yellow-I like it".. a sudden change of mind. And yellow it was, "Morning Moon" yellow to be precise - I was trying to picture how the moon would look like in the morning.. yet all I could think of was how many days of cleaning (all over again) the whole house would The Paint Job amount to. Joe il-Bajjad said he'd be done by the end of the week. The husband thinks he's not gonna make it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed so at least I'll be able to start cleaning the house over the weekend. We'll see his progress by tomorrow, then I'll decide whether we should make other, more fun plans for Saturday. If all goes well, I'll be elbow deep in Sgrassatore and bleach on Saturday night. Gone are the days when I used to spend a couple of days planning out what to wear and where to go in the weekends - I don't imagine we'll be spending many nights out when the house is done up either.. we'll be too busy enjoying the cosiness of having a house to ourselves and the luxury of having some time on our own too. Not as glamorous as when we were younger, but tons and tons more fun :)

No comments: